Friday, July 14, 2006

Pssst!!! How much for a joint?

Today the Muse told me about a school superintendent in our fair city who was arrested last night.

He was caught in the park
THE PARK closest to my HOUSE
trying to solicit an undercover police officer
for SEX

A few days ago
I was doing my laundry
and even though the laundry room
is right outside my living room window
someone snatched my laundry basket
actually it was a basket I inherited
from a freak of nature
but none the less
it was the basket I took my laundry out there in
and the one I would have used to bring it in

So I didn't have a basket
so as I took my laundry out of the dryer
I was folding it and placing it in neat piles
on top of the dryer

There is a guy in the building behind me
that I have suspected for months is a drug dealer
and have recently learned that they are evicting him shortly

Anyway, some sleazy young ladies
and this guy were in the parking lot
talking, playing hip hop music verging on nasty rap
and smoking a joint in a car
right outside the door to the laundry
I could see it
I could smell it

as much stress as I have been under of late
I was so tempted to ask them to sell one to me

BUT I DIDN'T


Yeah I shared this thought with the Muse

and she had the gall to ask me

why not?

ummmm the superintendent who got caught trying to buy sex?

As soon as he realized what was going on
He said something to the effect of
"I just pissed away my career and my son's education"

Uh yeah, was a piece of ass worth that?

Just as much as a joint would be worth mine

THAT is why I DIDN'T ask...

Man, sometimes it sucks to be a grown up and weigh the pro's and con's.

No comments: