Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Let's Toast..... "Cheers... up"

The muse and I went to our favorite hang out, where we can talk and laugh

and generally have fun and feel safe

with friends...well sort of

so we were at the VFW last night

she is just getting over bronchitis

and is now off meds

but she may be pickled with Bud light...lol

we were going to go early and leave early

we went early

we left just before midnight

every time she got a beer she and I would toast

and she would say

UP

after we said cheers

our friend, Mr. Counter of the Beers

was there...

and the man the muse has spent the majority of her life with
who is still a big part of her life,

isn't it grand that they can be friends?

I think so
anyway,

it was fun, the time flew,

I hardly knew how late it was getting

and then it was

LATE

and then we had the paint inspection.

The muse is painting her kitchen so Mr. Counter of the Beers came over to her house with us to inspect her work...

I came home and left them

ummm counting beers, yeah, that's the ticket

Now we are even,

she felt bad about introducing me to someone,

and I cheered her up by giving up my dibs
on
Mr. Counter of the Beers

I mean, I could have been doing "inventory" with him,

instead of her,

but you know, she was interested and I wasn't....

at least not right now...

and it wouldn't be good form

to become interested in him later...

so I hope the count came out even

*she said with evil grin on her face (hey, at least I am smiling)


Cheers

up everyone, have one for me

I drank my rum with diet coke, yes, I fell off the wagon, and then...

then I couldn't sleep...

so today it is back to green tea.

No comments: