Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Fantasy

This post has to have the story
behind the story

Earlier this week
I had a date

I know
hard to believe
but I did

and it was an exceptional date

but when I arrived home
I found a firetruck
in front of my apartment complex

So I drove in and parked
and walked up to find out what was going on
but by then
the truck was gone

and I had no clue what had transpired

so I came home and went straight to bed

around 10:30
the landlord
(new one, hadn't seen him yet)
was beating on my front door
and th only way I would have known it
is if my windows were open and
they were
so I peeked out
yelled for him to step out and look up
and he proceeded to ask me
if I had smelled anything funny this evening

and I said no
but I did come home late

(and I am thinking
apparently " one " of my neighbors
had complained of a smoke odor
and called the fire station. )

and he says that one of the neighbors
had called the fire dept.

Well I only have one neighbor
I reply
but he argues that I have many
and starts pointing at the other buildings

well only one of them lives right next door to me
I retort (you stupid SOB who woke me up)

so I explain that NO
I haven't smelled any odors
that would warrant a fire truck to visit
and would he please make sure
that he woke up all the other neighbors
except for the ones that
stomp, yell, holler, and generally make noise
all night
he can ask them to be quiet...

you don't wake me up for shit like this

now, for sex, you can wake me up for that any time
but I wouldn't tell him that
he is not my type
to put it nicely

the next day, I do, indeed
learn from my next door neighbor
that she smelled smoke
and called
she, of course,
opened all her windows
before they arrived and
the smoke had dissipated

hmmmm

so my intuition is still working

hmmmm

anyway on to the fantasy...

She drove home after an evening
out on the town
Her date was cordial enough
and the kisses were pretty good
for first kisses

As she rounded the corner
there were flashing lights
and as she neared
she recognized a fire truck

It was sitting right in front of her
apartment complex
She slowed to see if there was a fire
she couldn't discern any foul play
and turned into her drive way
and parked in her usual spot.
She started walking
to the front of the complex
to find out what was going on
and there
by the pool
were all the firemen
taking off their gear
down to their skivvies
and jumping in the pool
and above the pool
was a banner
that said
"Welcome Home Bennu"
and behind the pool area
there were other firemen
setting off fireworks
and two more
with hoses ready
in case there was actually a fire

She was stunned
she laughed and then she heard
a voice behind her

"We have missed you"

she turned around to find him
sitting on her porch
wearing his board shorts
with big flowers on them
she hadn't seen him in years
but instantly
all the old sentiment returned
and she was thrilled
to throw her arms around him
and hug him tight

"I have missed you too... terribly"
and he picked her up and carried her to the pool
They all stood around the edge
and jumped in together

They played volleyball
under the light of the moon

watched the fireworks
while kissing in the pool
and the firemen cooked bbq
that was delicious cabrito
and wild boar

when the evening was over
the firemen picked every thing up
and he walked her home,
taking her in his arms
and asking if she still felt the same
as he did
and she answered
by taking his hand
and leading him into the house
to continue their own fireworks show.

(really was a dream I had, that same night)

No comments: