Monday, September 11, 2006

Dancing Passionately

I love to dance...

I have blogged about how I learned to dance
at least Country and Western

the Two step
waltz, Cottoneyed Joe,
among others

I love jitterbug especially

I have rarely had a chance to dance
in the last few years

in fact, before last Saturday night,
it was my birthday two years ago

and that night

well that was the night I met *Mr. Duvall

and he is a fabulous dancer.

Anyway,

the muse and I drove to
the cowboy capital of the world
or at least the one in Texas

and we went dancing at a famous dancehall
with a live band playing

It wasn't a big crowd,
unfortunately,
but

there was a guy that walked over
and asked the muse to dance
and then he asked me to dance
after they danced
(no, she didn't turn him down,
she knows the rule of dancing,
you always dance with the first guy that asks you)

and he was a pretty good dancer

we took turns dancing with him all evening

and then
when the band had played their last set
we left to go home...

I told the muse later

I had a great time
but we wouldn't have had a great time
If Mr. Shaq
had not danced with us.

maybe he and his buddies will be there
in a few weeks when
we go dancing again.

*who called me this morning, and
when I said we had been dancing
and where....
he named every dance hall in that town and
told me the one to go to next time...

maybe he will go with

Dancing, I love it, passionately

and dancing with a great partner, like
Mr. Duvall

Priceless

No comments: