Monday, May 29, 2006

The List

This list was created when I asked a man why he loved me. He is no longer in my life, nor has he been for a very long time. I came across it when I was cleaning out my closet and saw a box I thought was simply stuff from a past life. I had forgotten he had many copies of it... the one he gave me was rolled up as a small scroll on parchment paper and a ribbon tied around it. It is one of the most treasured items I have from any man so I would like to share it with you.

So, why do I love you?
I love your auburn hair.
I love your squinty look.
I love the tickle matches.
I love the way you dance.
I love your fingers in my hair.
I love your laugh.
I love the passion in your heart.
I love your kisses in the morning.
I love that you are a witch.
I love your silken skin.
I love the way you arch your back.
I love 'the look'.
I love all the special things you do.
I love toe pinches.
I love the way you nibble.
I love your green eyes.
I love your zest for life.
I love your giggle.
I love the way you squeeze my hand.
I love your long strong legs.
I love your soft little moan.
I love your pointy ears.
I love your strong hugs.
I love the fire in your soul.
I love that special squeeze.
I love your pouty lip.
I love the way you appreciate the things I do.
I love your special kiss.
I love Thelma and Louise.
I love Joshua, Casey and Ya.
But most of all, I love your magic.

All these things so much more,
I love you, Bennu.


Just a postscript that my friend at the time and I were a Thelma and Louise pair of sorts, and it seems some things never change, the Muse is my new T and L partner and we have a great time.

Funny isn't it... no matter how much some one loves you, they can go away, and then, there you are.... wondering if you are still as good as all the things they said, and if you are... well then, why did they go away?

Let my actions speak louder than my words.... ahhhhh yes....

No comments: