Saturday, October 07, 2006

It is a Personal Choice

Leilani,

The best thing that was said to me
was said by the closest friend I have right now
and she told me

It is his personal choice
If he was truthful about his feelings toward you
Then he is in a living hell

If he lied about how he felt
then he gets the life he deserves
which is also probably hell on earth

as far as you sounding full of yourself
I don't agree
you have many great things going for you
you just happened to find a man
that even though things could have been great
he didn't bother to discuss it with you
and whatever did make him
make the choices he made
you weren't the biggest priority
and that
my dear
you don't want.

I could make the same list
of all the great things about me

how that helps me
is to know that I value myself
enough to not be treated so badly
and put up with it forever

and it shows me
that I want to find a man
who thinks I am as great
or greater than I think I am myself

and I want to do the same for him...

there is a great prospect
all my friends are teasing me
about how giddy I am over him
I smile every few minutes
and remind them I have a date
with him Monday
and I can't wait to hear from him
each day
so we will see

Cautiously optimistic
once again

but this time
this time there are no nagging questions
about whether I am making the right choice
in pursuing him
and previously
I should have seen the writing on the wall
and that is why I questioned it
and I should have listened to my intuition

so this time I am
it is telling me
to GO FOR IT

and I am

glad you aren't wounded too badly
and are back in the saddle again soon.

No comments: